Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time Flies When You're Not Having Fun

Wow, three weeks since I've been here. In that time, I have been ill, which turned out to be an ovarian cyst. It's not as scary as it sounds, but it did have me out of commission for a while.

I have also been struggling mightily with my emotions, namely anger and depression. I have wanted to resort to my coping mechanism of old, which is to avoid everyone and sleep a lot. The thing is, God won't let me get away with that anymore! We are in a battle of wills, He and I. I know good and well that He will win in the end and that I will be glad He did, but right now, I'm struggling. I want my own way. Thank goodness that just as we never stop loving our own children during their tantrums and testing us, God loves us all the more. In fact, He loves us so much, that He tells us to have at it with the tantrums, then come to me and see what you needed to learn.

No comments: