Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Humbled

I have been at our wonderful church for nine years now. It has only been in the past three that I have gotten over myself, ie, waiting for everyone to come to me, and reached out to make friends with other women. It has been a journey that satisfies me to the soul. Sometimes I can not believe I am the same person, and truthfully, I'm not. Once I fully surrendered to Christ, He has been stretching me in ways I could not have dreamed of when doing it my way. That is why I love 2 Corinthians 5:17. It describes me perfectly.

I am humbled because several of these new friends (and even some old ones) have taken the time to tell me what I mean to them. I have gotten hugs two days in a row! I was completely taken off guard. They love me? They're proud of me? Are they sure they have the right Lisa?

I give all the glory to God. I tried and failed at life enough to know that the person I have become and am becoming is simply the manifestation of the Holy Spirit at work in my life. Why didn't I let Him in earlier? I guess to make a more interesting testimony. It shows that God does not give up on anyone, and can indeed make beauty from ashes.

No comments: