Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Journey is Here

but my heart is there. There is a song by a Christian artist that sings these exact lyrics. Originally, I thought it was morbid. Was he singing about wanting to die? Now I understand what he is saying and feel the same way.

I am not ready to die anytime soon, but becoming a Christian has allowed me to face the prospect with peace and not terror. Back in the day, I used to wake up with full-blown panic attacks over fear of dying. Panic gave way to peace, however, when I had assurance of what lie ahead. As our pastor said in today's sermon, the best is yet to come.

This life can be a terrible struggle, and it is a challenge for me not to dwell on that in these stressful economic times. Yet, when I trust God with the details of my own life and try to be a blessing to others, He again gives me peace. We are not here for ourselves.

No comments: