Thursday, July 10, 2008

One Big Family

Today my husband and I received letters from a church we attended almost 10 years ago regarding whether we wanted to discontinue membership. I found it funny at first, considering we have been at FBC for nine years and the last time we attended NCBC we only had one child, a toddler who is now almost a teenager.

It was also touching. I have often felt FBC to be a large extended family of 300. I feel closer to and more comfortable with people there than I do to some by whom I am related by blood. I didn't neccearily feel that way at NCBC, but that is only because I did not allow myself to. It could be that some there felt that way about me, however.

The letter from NCBC showed me that believers in Christ will always be family, regardless of where life's path takes us. And, when all is said and done, we will be rejoicing in one big family reunion in the precense of our Savior.

No comments: